Advertisers! ExoClick aligns banner advertising sizes with IAB standards
From February 2020, ExoClick is changing the maximum weight that it will accept from advertisers for all banner creatives to 150KB, this is to ensure that banner ads are aligned with the IAB’s industry recommendations as well as Google ones. This applies to ALL types of banners.
Maximum Banner File Size Changes:
- Current Banner Maximum File Size: 1MB
- New Banner Maximum File Size: 150KB
Please note: All existing campaigns will keep running normally for now, even if some banners are over 150KB. However, advertisers will NOT be allowed to upload new banners that exceed 150KB for new campaigns from February. Advertisers will be given until April 1st to update all their creatives, at which point, all banners over 150KB will be disabled from the system.
Why is this important?
- It is the recognized industry standard.
- Publishers are penalised in SEO rankings if their website is slow to load, a faster loading website means a higher SEO ranking which leads to more organic traffic that will see your ads and higher conversions.
- Heavy banner ads negatively impact the user/consumer experience.
- Lower banner weight = Faster load time = Higher CTR = Higher Conversions!
How to ensure your creatives are 150KB
- Animated GIF banners are heavy files, therefore we recommend that you convert your GIFs into lower weighted MP4 files, this will also improve the quality of the creative shown. Here is a tutorial from Google on how to convert GIFs to video files.
- PNG files are a heavier format compared to JPEG files, therefore we recommend that you upload banners in JPEG format only.