How to create a Push Notifications campaign
The Push Notification ad format is now available from ExoClick, in this platform walk through we show you how to start your first Push Notification campaign. But first some useful information:
How do Push Notifications work?
- Users that visit a website can opt in to receive Push Notifications
- All website’s opted in users are now available to advertisers
- Users receive Push Notifications via their desktop, tablet or mobile devices, even when they are not browsing the internet
- When users click on the Push Notification they are directed to the advertisers landing page
- Push Notifications are available via CPC or CPM
Push Notifications have many advantages
- Directly reach high quality users who have opted in to receive Push Notifications
- Because Push Notifications appear within the screen of the user’s device, advertisers get maximum viewability and a high CTR
- Use ExoClick’s full range of targeting options to fine tune user reach
How to create a Push Notification campaign
Setting up Push Notifications is the same as setting up a standard campaign:
In your admin panel under New Campaign > General Targeting select Push Notifications from Ad Format drop down menu
Under Advanced Targeting select Languages, Browsers, Operating Systems, Mobile Carriers and Devices.
Please note: Push Notifications work on the following browsers/devices:
- Desktop: PC / OS X : Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Mobile devices : Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Samsung Internet
Safari (OS X, iOS) does not allow web push notifications
Push Notifications won’t work on HTTP sites, only with HTTPS sites.
Under Configuration & Pricing, select CPM or CPC, and then select your capping
Under Sites Targeting choose the subscribers´sources you want to target
Now upload your marketing material, which should consist of :
Image : JPEG, PNG or GIF 192x192px.
Title : 23 to 34 characters
Description : 29 to 86 characters
Specific Rules for Push Notification Advertising: No adult and explicit content is permitted on banner creatives, landing pages and the texts that you use.
Landing pages can contain only one push notification. Looping or browser locking push notifications are not permitted.
The character limit is only a recommendation because different browsers allow a different number of characters. In the table below you can see a full list of character browser restrictions for Push Notifications, so you can adjust your targeting to match your marketing material.
Now under Advanced Settings, add any configuration as needed.
ExoClick provides real-time statistics, below is an example screenshot.
If you have any problems with setting up your Push Notification campaign, please contact your Account Manager or a Client Care Specialist here.