Ads Transparency for EU end-users
- Advertisers are always responsible for ensuring to comply with all applicable laws and regulations for all of the locations where their ads are showing, in particular with the EU Digital Service Act (DSA).
- Why this information needs to be displayed?: to comply with the obligation of Ad Transparency within the DSA, and to facilitate EU end users to identify the advertiser behind a selected ad. For this purpose, the information will be extracted from the data provided by the advertiser under its sole responsibility.
- What information will be disclosed?: the advertiser’s information such as the name of the natural or legal person/or business on whose behalf the advertisement is presented and, when applicable, the natural or legal person who paid for the advertisement if that person is different from the referred before.
- Furthermore, certain additional information about advertisers and ad campaigns to EU end users shall be disclose, in particular, meaningful information about the main parameters used to determine the recipient to whom the advertisement is displayed.
Campaign approval or rejection remains at ExoClick’s sole discretion, active campaigns are constantly reviewed by our Compliance team and may be stopped at anytime without prior notice.
- New Guideline: Misleading landing pages designed to collect push notification subscribers is not accepted.
- Marketing material referencing the Gumtree, the Skroutz Brand and/or Olx Brand is not accepted
- Products that auto-redirect to appstores/open apps on user devices without user authorisation are not permitted on the popunder format.
- 900×250 banner formats using fake dating image galleries are not permitted unless the faces of people are blurred out.
- All .gif .png .jpg and mp4 display banners must be less than 150KB. Read our blog post for more information
- Cryptocurrency/forex/binary offers are not permitted (subject to exception)
- Misleading ads are not accepted. Read our blog post ‘Is Your Marketing Material Compliant?‘ for more information.
- It is recommended all Banner and Landing Page marketing material clearly defines the brand or product name promoted.
- Campaigns containing Malware/Phishing are not permitted.
- Campaigns containing Browser lockers/Ransomware are not permitted.
- Looping or browser locking push notifications are not permitted.
- Backjacking and Auto redirection (forcing the visitor away from the publisher site) are not permitted.
- Fake Scareware Alerts are not permitted.
- Products that auto-install/auto-download without user consent are not permitted.
- Ads that play sound without user interaction are not permitted (In-stream and Slider video ads are exceptions.)
- Ads that make mobile devices vibrate without user interaction are not permitted.
- Promotion of alcohol, tobacco or drugs is not permitted.
- Ads that focus on religious and political beliefs are not allowed.
- Banners showing a phone number must use the CPM/Smart CPM pricing model (CPC is not allowed).
- Banners may not blink, shake, flicker or flash in a disruptive manner.
- Banners/landing pages must not use content that infringes on copyright or trademark laws including the use of the images of celebrities/famous people.
- The imitation of any of ExoClick publisher website is not permitted.
- Banners & landing pages must be 18 U.S.C. 2257 compliant.
- Campaign material containing the following acts are not permitted: extreme violence, abuse, rape, blood, incest, scatophilia, urination, bestiality.
- No visible nudity, no nipples, genitals, etc.
- No pornographic wording.
Campaigns featuring any of the following below will be permitted but will be categorised as SEXY which some mainstream publishers will block from their sites.
- Provocative poses.
- Important focus on breasts, small bikinis, etc.
- Dating products clearly oriented to sexual encounters.
- Provocative wording.
- The length of the video needs to be a minimum of 15 seconds and maximum 30 seconds duration.
- If using VAST Link the skip button parameter must be set to 5 seconds.
- New Guideline: If using VAST Link, we recommend that you use MP4 creatives as some websites and video players do not allow other creative formats.
- The video quality needs to be high enough to be easily viewable to all site visitors – see the technical requirements by clicking here.
- The video content must match the product you are selling after viewers click the link.
- You must own full copyright or be officially authorised to use all materials featured in the video (proof may be required).
- The video content should be visually appealing and creative. Original content will help you generate better quality leads.
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline video campaigns at any time if deemed unsuitable for the network or our publishers requirements.
Global Native Ad Guidelines:
- Format must be 300×300 and will be automatically resized when needed, PNG or JPEG file formats only
- Static, rotating and animated banners are accepted
- No borders or margins
- Your landing page should provide some form of content, being text, pictures or videos
- We recommend marketing your landing page in the shape of articles, tutorials, blogs, etc.
Specific Adult Native Ad Guidelines:
- Only simple pictures
- No logos, branding or watermarks
- No buttons, text or any type of design element
- No split images
- No mainstream images. Images must be adult or sexy in nature (non adult dating profiles can be accepted)
Specific Mainstream Native Ad Guidelines:
- No nudity (bikini only)
- No sexual vulgar text
- Design elements such as small texts, buttons, split images, arrows, circles and logos can be accepted
- Misleading titles, texts and descriptions such as fake chat requests are not permitted.
- Banner image must be 720×480 in JPEG, PNG of GIF file formats
- Title Text: Maximum 30 characters
- Description Text: Maximum 40 characters (please note some browsers restrict the amount)
Ads Transparency for EU end-users
- Publishers are always responsible for ensuring to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in particular with the EU Digital Service Act (DSA). Therefore, publishers presenting advertisements in their online interfaces should ensure that, for each specific advertisement presented to each individual EU recipient, those EU end users can clearly, concisely and unambiguously identify, in real time, that the information is an advertisement, including by means of prominent markings.
- Why this information needs to be displayed: to comply with the obligation of Ad Transparency within the DSA, and to facilitate EU end users to identify the advertiser behind a selected ad. For this purpose, the information will be extracted from the data provided by the advertiser under its sole responsibility.
- What information will be disclosed: the advertiser’s information such as the name of the natural or legal person/or business on whose behalf the advertisement is presented and, when applicable, the natural or legal person who paid for the advertisement if that person is different from the referred before.
- Furthermore, certain additional information about advertisers and ad campaigns to EU end users shall be disclosed, in particular, meaningful information about the main parameters used to determine the recipient to whom the advertisement is displayed.
We regularly check websites on our network. If it’s discovered that a site does not follow the guidelines below, we may close the account without prior notice. In such cases, publishers will not be entitled to any outstanding earnings.
- Please note: If you are a Spanish resident a sign up certificate from Censo de obligados tributarios is mandatory.
- Free/shared hosting domains such as blogspots not permitted.
- Websites must not use content that infringes on Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent and Trademark laws, content stolen without authorisation such as from onlyfans pages, webcam live feeds and revenge pornograhy.
- Adult websites must be at all times compliant with 18 U.S.C. 2257.
- Websites must contain a valid 18 U.S.C. 2257 Compliance Statement/policy.
- Websites that contain illegal keywords/terms are subject to rejection.
- Websites can not promote illegal activities e.g. rape/incest/drug taking/hacking etc.
- Incentive ads are not permitted (PTC, PTR, etc…).
- The use of any tools that artificially generate impressions or clicks are not permitted.
- Websites that are under construction or lacking in content will be rejected.
- Websites that show excessive advertising or make it difficult to view the content will be rejected.
- The skip button is not mandatory but we recommend to be enabled after a maximum of 5 seconds.
- The skip button should be of good size and clearly visible on the bottom right.
- We recommend a frequency capping of one hour.
- The video ad should stop when clicked and resume when clicked again.
- The video should stop when the viewer leaves the page where the ad zone is placed.
- Autoplay video is not accepted, the ads should load only when the visitor clicks play on the video. This is to comply with the industry standards here
- On mobile device implementation, the visitor should be kept on the browser after they click play and the video ads must not open directly on full screen, this will make the video ads clickable.
- Ensure that the implementation is successful, clicks and video views are accurately reported. Review the Publisher implementation tutorial here
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline any incorrect implementation.
- The Outstream ad zone should be implemented between your site’s content, not at the top of your webpage’s video and image elements, the reason for this is that Outstream ad zones are part of the user journey. Placing the ad zone at the top of the webpage will generate less clicks.
- We recommend you implement Oustream ad zones below the fold, ideally above or below the mobile middle on Mobile devices and between the content on Desktop devices.
- Do not use a video player for custom Outstream implementation, but use the code provided within your Admin Panel to display the ad at the desired position on your site. Viewability and CTR metrics are affected negatively by custom implementation and might result in your site’s rejection.
- The Outstream video will only start playing after 50% of the ad comes into view. As the user scrolls away further down your webpage the video should pause when 50% of the Outstream ad zone is not viewable on screen. The Oustream video should resume playing when the end user comes back to the content where the Outstream ad is located.
- We recommend that you select an automatic response width that fits 100% of the container on your site. If you decide to choose a custom width size, ensure not to apply any restriction to the container’s height, so that the video ad height is adjusted automatically based on the width, to maintain a great aspect ratio.
- We recommend keeping Branding as the default setting this will display “Ads by ExoClick” this will ensure that the ad zone will generate more quality clicks and better engagement,
- Ensure that the implementation has been successful so that clicks and video views are accurately reported. Review the Publisher implementation tutorial here
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline any incorrect implementation.
- In order to receive payment the publisher should keep their ad zones active at the time of the request.
- Publishers are entitled to their earnings if they were generated in the current year or the previous year. Everything accumulated before this time is not included in future payments.