Campaign approval or rejection remains at ExoClick’s sole discretion, active campaigns are constantly reviewed by our Compliance team and may be stopped at anytime without prior notice.
All advertising campaigns must follow the general guidelines listed below:
- New Guideline: It is recommended all Banner and Landing Page marketing material clearly defines the brand or product name promoted.
- Campaigns containing Malware/Phishing are not permitted.
- Campaigns containing Browser lockers/Ransomware are not permitted.
- Landing pages can contain only one push notification. Looping or browser locking push notifications are not permitted.
- Backjacking and Auto redirection (forcing the visitor away from the publisher site) are not permitted.
- Fake Scareware Alerts are not permitted.
- Promotion of alcohol, tobacco or drugs is not permitted.
- Banners showing a phone number must use the CPM/Smart CPM pricing model (CPC is not allowed).
- Banners may not blink, shake, flicker or flash in a disruptive manner.
- Banners must not use content that infringes on copyright or trademark laws.
- The imitation of any of ExoClick publisher website is not permitted.
- Banners & landing pages must be 18 U.S.C. 2257 compliant.
- Campaign material containing the following acts are not permitted: extreme violence, abuse, rape, blood, incest, scatophilia, urination, bestiality.
- 900×250/Billboard Banner formats must be one large single image. Creatives with multiple images merged together into one is not permitted.
Specific rules for all campaigns targeting the Mainstream category or its sub-categories:
- No visible nudity, no nipples, genitals, etc.
- No pornographic wording.
Campaigns featuring any of the following below will be permitted but will be categorised as SEXY which some mainstream publishers will block from their sites.
- Provocative poses.
- Important focus on breasts, small bikinis, etc.
- Dating products clearly oriented to sexual encounters.
- Provocative wording.
Specific rules for all in-stream video campaigns:
- The length of the video needs to be a minimum of 15 seconds.
- The video quality needs to be high enough to be easily viewable to all site visitors – see the technical requirements by clicking here.
- The video content must match the product you are selling after viewers click the link.
- You must own full copyright or be officially authorised to use all materials featured in the video (proof may be required).
- The video content should be visually appealing and creative. Original content will help you generate better quality leads.
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline video campaigns at any time if deemed unsuitable for the network or our publishers requirements.
Specific Rules for Native Advertising:
Global Native Ad Guidelines:
- New Guideline: The “brand” field must clearly define the brand or product name promoted which should match with the landing page.
- Format must be 300×300 and will be automatically resized when needed, PNG or JPEG file formats only
- No animation
- No borders or margins
- Your landing page should provide some form of content, being text, pictures or videos
- We recommend marketing your landing page in the shape of articles, tutorials, blogs, etc.
Specific Adult Native Ad Guidelines:
- Only simple pictures
- No logos, branding or watermarks
- No buttons, text or any type of design element
- No split images
- No mainstream images. Images must be adult or sexy in nature (non adult dating profiles can be accepted)
Specific Mainstream Native Ad Guidelines:
- No nudity (bikini only)
- No sexual vulgar text
- Design elements such as small texts, buttons, split images, arrows, circles and logos can be accepted
Specific Rules for Push Notification Advertising:
- Banner image must be 192×192 in JPEG, PNG of GIF file formats
- Title Text: Maximum 30 characters
- Description Text: Maximum 40 characters (please note some browsers restrict the amount)
- No adult and explicit content is permitted for banner creatives, initial landing page and the texts that you use.
We regularly check websites on our network. If it’s discovered that a site does not follow the guidelines below, we may close the account without prior notice. In such cases, publishers will not be entitled to any outstanding earnings.
All publishers must follow the general guidelines listed below:
- New Guideline: Networks are not permitted to integrate the Billboard Banner or In-stream Ad formats.
- New Guideline: The Billboard Banner format must be within the head section of your website.
- Please note: If you are a Spanish resident a sign up certificate from Censo de obligados tributarios is mandatory.
- Free/shared hosting domains (such as tumblr and blogspot blogs) are not accepted.
- Websites must not use content that infringes on Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent and Trademark laws.
- Adult websites must be at all times compliant with 18 U.S.C. 2257.
- Websites can not promote illegal activities e.g. rape/incest/drug taking/hacking etc.
- Incentive ads are not permitted (PTC, PTR, etc…).
- The use of any tools that artificially generate impressions or clicks are not permitted.
- Websites that are under construction or lacking in content will be rejected.
- Websites that show excessive advertising or make it difficult to view the content will be rejected.
In-Stream Video Publishing Rules:
- The skip button is not mandatory but we recommend to be enabled after a maximum of 5 seconds.
- The skip button should be of good size and clearly visible on the bottom right.
- We recommend a frequency capping of one hour.
- The video ad should stop when clicked and resume when clicked again.
- The video should stop when the viewer leaves the page where the ad zone is placed.
- Autoplay video is not accepted, the ads should load only when the visitor clicks play on the video. This is to comply with the industry standards here
- On mobile device implementation, the visitor should be kept on the browser after they click play and the video ads must not open directly on full screen, this will make the video ads clickable.
- Ensure that the implementation is successful, clicks and video views are accurately reported. Review the Publisher implementation tutorial here
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline any incorrect implementation
- In order to receive payment the publisher should keep their ad zones active at the time of the request.
- Publishers are entitled to their earnings if they were generated in the current year or the previous year. Everything accumulated before this time is not included in future payments.