Campaign approval or rejection remains at ExoClick’s sole discretion, active campaigns are constantly reviewed by our Compliance team and may be stopped at anytime without prior notice.
All advertising campaigns must follow the general guidelines listed below:
- Campaigns containing Malware/Phishing are not permitted.
- Campaigns containing Browser lockers/Ransomware are not permitted.
- Backjacking and Auto redirection (forcing the visitor away from the publisher site) are not permitted.
- Fake Scareware Alerts are not permitted.
- Promotion of alcohol, tobacco or drugs is not permitted.
- Banners showing a phone number must use the CPM/Smart CPM pricing model (CPC is not allowed).
- Banners may not blink, shake, flicker or flash in a disruptive manner.
- Banners must not use content that infringes on copyright or trademark laws.
- Gambling or online betting products are not permitted in campaigns targeting the United States.
- The imitation of any of ExoClick publisher website is not permitted.
- Banners & landing pages must be 18 U.S.C. 2257 compliant.
- Campaign material containing the following acts are not permitted: extreme violence, abuse, rape, blood, incest, scatophilia, urination, bestiality.
Specific rules for all campaigns targeting the Mainstream category or its sub-categories:
- No visible nudity, no nipples, genitals, etc.
- No pornographic wording.
Campaigns featuring any of the following below will be permitted but will be categorised as SEXY which some mainstream publishers will block from their sites.
- Provocative poses.
- Important focus on breasts, small bikinis, etc.
- Dating products clearly oriented to sexual encounters.
- Provocative wording.
Specific rules for all in-stream video campaigns:
- The length of the video needs to be a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum of 45 seconds.
- The video quality needs to be high enough to be easily viewable to all site visitors – see the technical requirements by clicking here.
- The video content must match the product you are selling after viewers click the link.
- You must own full copyright or be officially authorised to use all materials featured in the video (proof may be required).
- The video content should be visually appealing and creative. Original content will help you generate better quality leads.
- ExoClick reserves the right to decline video campaigns at any time if deemed unsuitable for the network or our publishers requirements.
Specific Rules for Native Advertising:
The native images rules are as follows:
- Ad Format is not permitted for HTML/Iframe Ads
- No animation
- No logos, branding or watermarks
- No buttons, text or any type of design element
- No borders or margins
We regularly check websites on our network. If it’s discovered that a site does not follow the guidelines below, we may close the account without prior notice. In such cases, publishers will not be entitled to any outstanding earnings.
All publishers must follow the general guidelines listed below:
- New Guideline: Free/shared hosting domains (such as tumblr and blogspot blogs) are not accepted.
- Please note: If you are a Spanish resident a sign up certificate from Censo de obligados tributarios is mandatory.
- Websites must not use content that infringes on Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent and Trademark laws.
- Adult websites must be at all times compliant with 18 U.S.C. 2257.
- Websites can not promote illegal activities e.g. rape/incest/drug taking/hacking etc.
- Incentive ads are not permitted (PTC, PTR, etc…).
- The use of any tools that artificially generate impressions or clicks are not permitted.
- Websites that are under construction or lacking in content will be rejected.
- Websites that show excessive advertising or make it difficult to view the content will be rejected.
In-Stream Video Publishing Rules:
- The skip button is mandatory and should be enabled after a maximum of 5 seconds.
- The skip button should be of good size and clearly visible on the bottom right.
- We recommend a frequency capping of one hour.
- The video ad should stop when clicked and resume when clicked again.
- The video should stop when the viewer leaves the page where the ad zone is placed.
- In order to receive payment the publisher should keep their ad zones active at the time of the request.
- Publishers are entitled to their earnings if they were generated in the current year or the previous year. Everything accumulated before this time is not included in future payments.