What is retargeting?
Retargeting is the idea of targeting specific users who have already shown some interest in your product or brand. It is generally said that only 2% of potential buyers will actually complete their purchase on the first visit. Retargeting brings the remaining 98% back.
How does retargeting work?
Technically, all you need to do is to place a small invisible tag in the footer of your site on the page you want to retarget. This tag will place a transparent cookie on your users, allowing Exoclick to retarget these potential customers when they browse other websites. It is extremely simple to set up.
Why is retargeting so effective?
Retargeting generates greater sales by keeping your brand visible and bringing high value users back to your site when they are ready to buy. Every time your customer sees your retargeting ads, your brand gains attraction and more recognition. The high click-through rates and increased conversions that are common with retargeting campaigns highlight the value of good branding and repeated exposure.
Positive and negative retargeting: Allows you to target or on the contrary, exclude users who have reached specific steps within your website.
Personalized retargeting: If you are selling different products, one way of increasing the effectiveness of retargeting even further is to display ads for the product the user was especially interested in.
Famous Adult Webcams
Adult webcams are credit-based products, the hard part is converting users into new members, but once the lead converts into a member, he will spend on average several hundreds of dollars within his lifetime. We created a popunder campaign specifically targeting users who were already members of the website. The users would recognize the brand, log-in and start purchasing credits right away. Sales increased by over 250%.
This was a typical online sales product. A landing page, a catalogue of products, and a credit card form. Over 98% of visitors who showed some interest in a product closed the credit card form and never completed the purchase. We created display campaigns retargeting these users and the conversion rate was around 7 times higher than the traditional campaign, with an ROI of over 300%.